Small Business Keeps America Independent
During this July 4th weekend we will not only celebrate Independence Day, but also cheer for the Independent Small Business Owner.
While many will be embraced with the scent of burning charcoal cookouts and the sulfurous smell of spent fireworks – we’ll be supporting the Entrepreneurial Spirit that makes America so great.
Over half of all Americans own or work for a small business. That’s over half of the 242,542,967 people that were counted within the adult population of the United States as recently as 2013.
In 2012, the NBC News’ Entrepreneur.com website shared that an estimated 25 million to 27 million small businesses that exist in the United States provided for 60 to 80 percent of all jobs within the country. Many of these small businesses are “micro-companies” or are run by “solo-preneurs”. This is very important since over the past decade, the top corporations in our nation outsourced more than 2.4 million formerly American jobs.
Small businesses can have a major effect in the local community and in the overall economy – often the effects are invisible or not immediately seen – but the results can be profound for the business owners, their employees, their customers, and their suppliers.
According to an article posted by the Institute for Local Self-Reliance (ILSR) in 2012; the top 10 reasons to support American owned businesses are:
1. Local Character & Prosperity: In an increasingly homogenized World, communities that preserve their unique businesses and distinctive character tend to have an economic advantage.
2. Community Strength: Locally owned businesses help to build strong communities by sustaining vibrant town centers and strong economic and social relationships as well as contribute to local causes.
3. Local Decisions: Local business ownership ensures that important decisions are made locally by the people who actually live in the community and who will be the first to feel the impact of the decisions.
4. Supporting Local Economies: Compared to “big box” retailers and chain stores, locally owned businesses recycle a much larger share of their revenue back into the local economy which enriches the whole community.
5. Jobs & Wages: Independently owned businesses create more jobs locally and often may provide better wages and benefits.
6. Entrepreneurial Spirit: Entrepreneurship fuels America’s economic innovation and prosperity, and it can help families leave low-wage jobs and join the middle class.
7. Public Benefits & Decreased Costs: Local stores within town centers require comparatively little infrastructure and they make more efficient use of public services compared to strip malls.
8. Environmental Sustainability: Local independent businesses help to sustain vibrant, compact, pedestrian-friendly town centers – which are essential to reducing urban sprawl, automobile use, habitat loss, as well as decreasing air and water pollution.
9. Competition: A marketplace of tens of thousands of small businesses is the best way to ensure innovation and competitive prices for the consumers.
10. Product & Service Diversity: A multitude of small businesses – each providing services and products based on the needs of their local customers – help to guarantee a wider range of product choices.
GINGALLEY loves fellow entrepreneurs! We want you to know that we are here for you. For over 17 years we have been small business owners. We design professional logos, graphics, websites, and offer a vast range of printed materials. We can help you too.
We have affordable small business packages available for anyone starting out that can include: logo design, domain name registration, email setup, business card printing, website hosting, social media pages, SEO, and a modern mobile-friendly website.
As an independent small business ourselves, our passion is creating the overall branding for our clients that represents their business, persona, market segment, and budget. All business owners need a consistent brand identity and image online and offline.
If we can help anyone get their idea off the ground, help someone support themselves independently, or help a business grow to create more jobs – it really does mean the World to us!
Contact us for your FREE consultation and to get started on your project today!